DMD Kick-Off Week: Day 3 - Breaking the Diamond: Deconstruction and Abstraction Workshop

During Mike's presentation, we took part in activities to help us understand that the way we may think and visualise things are completely different to how others may see those same things.

The first activity began by Jed explaining an image that we needed to draw however we couldn't see the image and Jed wasn't able to tell us what the image was. We soon discovered that it was a diamond, but this exercise really helped me understand that it is difficult for others to visualise what you are thinking.


Diamond

Mike presented thirty words on the board that we had to associate with another word. We then drew some of the things we associated and photoshopped them into a poster.



Word Association

We created a poster advertising an exhibition using the drawings we had drawn from our word association words and using only CMYK colours. In photoshop, I imported the picture of my drawings which I then edited. I removed the background and other images that I didn't need using the magic wand tool and increased the level of contrast to make them stand out. This poster used a lot of layers which we grouped as the panel became confusing.


Poster Design

I received my second stamp from attending this workshop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project 4: Ball platformer game

Reflective Post

[Research] Traditional Poster Design (4CTA1214)