Prototype to Finished Project

After making my cardboard box prototype, I gained a better idea on the exact measurements needed  for my actual box. Therefore, I decided to draw an Orthographic diagram which included my measurements.

This drawing is not to scale. Moreover, it has been drawn on 2mm squared paper - therefore each square is equal to 0.5cm.



Using these measurements I began to prepare my box:

The wooden box I had ordered off Amazon was unfinished and therefore was quite rough. Therefore,  I sanded it s using 40g/m^2 sand paper. 



Next I created the line for my keypad to slot through. Using a power drill, I created a straight 7.5cm line of 2mm holes which became a line using a number of other tools. Using a 4mm drill bit, I drilled two holes for my LED's to fit through on my lid and a 15mm hole on the side for my power cable. On my orthographic drawing this hole is displayed on the font of the box however, after some thinking I decided that it would be better suited on the side like my prototyped design.




I then painted my box using black acrylic paint to give a security vault look as these tend to be black and fits with the theme of a phone being looked away as punishment.


My box dried and leaving me with a professional final result




Adding the electronics

I moved the electronics from my prototype box into my finished box which worked really well.
When plugged in, my box locks and unlocks using the set password as expected.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project 4: Ball platformer game

[Research] Traditional Poster Design (4CTA1214)