Research into Wordpress Interface

As I have no experience using Wordpress, I wanted to investigate the interface so that I was familiar with editing the website.

After logging in as an administrator, I first attempted to add a different theme to the already-existing website however this ruined the layout of the page which included the content, imagery, image slider, icons etc.


(Own Image, 2019)

Initially I thought that the original designer had added code to the back-end of the site which caused this problem. I decided to tackle the moving image carasole as this was causing the main problem to layout. I thought this may have been coded in however I found a plugin I believed was responsible for  this feature and decided to de-activate it.



(Own Image, 2019)

With this removed, the layout looked better but still didn't follow the theme that I had chosen.

Design decisions included attempting to remove images/content/slider to understand how workpress.org worked. On reflection I would have need to learn more prior to using Wordpress.org by either following video tutorials or online courses which would allow me to manipulate the layout and images further.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project 4: Ball platformer game

[Research] Traditional Poster Design (4CTA1214)