Gaming Components & Target Audience

I composed a simple list of things that I wanted my game to be/include:
  • 2D
  • Platformer
  • Side Scroller
  • Uses one scene
  • Collectible items
  • Enemies
  • Non-Playable Characters to talk to (or them speaking) 
  • Includes a message for the audience
Target audience:
Initially I was considering aiming this game primarily at children as I thought that a cute artstyle and a moral message would be more appropriate for a child. However I began to think more into my ideas and realised that a teenager/young adults would be better suited towards this type of game as the story may be too complex for a child to understand fully and the situation may be more relatable to this age group.

Therefore my target audience is as follows:

Mainstream audience: Teenagers
Secondary audience: Adults
Peripheral audience: Children
No Interest: Individuals who do not play or enjoy video/computer games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project 4: Ball platformer game

[Research] Traditional Poster Design (4CTA1214)