[Part 2] Design Experimentation (4CTA1214)

Design Experimentation



My first idea was based on the Earth being polluted and that the whole population are trying to find a new planet to live on. The purpose of the spaceship was to salvage some of the museum's objects so that they aren't left behind on an uninhabitable planet with no one left to see them.

After developing this idea, this was used as my final project.



My second idea was based on a pirate theme where intergalactic pirates have stolen the newest futuristic objects from the Science/Technology museum.


My third idea involves the user using a computer to access the museum digitally. In the future, I imagined that things such as museums are all uploaded onto a master web where anyone can access them at any time.

When the user moves the real mouse, the mouse on the screen would move.


My fourth idea involves using the tube to view the different museum objects by visiting stations on the tube map. As the science museum is based in London I thought this idea would fit quite well.

Developing Idea 1


Looking into idea 1 in more detail using a mind map and deciding on what frames to include in the final project.


Object Designs



Experimenting with the designs for my objects and backgrounds.

Logo Designs


Experimenting with different logo designs for the Science Museum.



My final logo design, used in my final project.

Characters


I wanted to have a tour guide to show the user around the spaceship and give them instructions on navigation; therefore I designed a character to do this.




This was my final astronaut character design after illustration, which was used in my final project.

Unfortunately there are some known problems found with my Adobe Flash project while I was testing. Any buttons that navigate back to the 'Start' frame (Frame 1) to restart the movie, will work in the sense that the scene is played however when the spaceship is clicked to start the movie, the spaceship button doesn't navigate to the next frame. I believe this is due to the stop(); commands used but I can't seemed to identify the exact issue.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project 4: Ball platformer game

[Research] Traditional Poster Design (4CTA1214)