Ocado & Miam Miam: Reflection

There were many problems with both The Ocado Microsite project and Miam Miam’s Strength & Movement Federation Project. Mainly these were due to problems communicating with each company. It was difficult to get a fast response and had to repeatedly send follow-up e-mails so that I would be sent a response. In future, I will ask the client what the best way of communicating with them would be e.g. via LinkedIn, Slack etc. Therefore avoiding this issue. However if the client continues to be unresponsive through the communication method given to me, I will continue to send follow-up messages. Moreover I had the problem of my e-mails not being read properly or throughly enough and therefore in future, I may have to bold important statements or highlight dates using astrixes. Unfortunately due to time constraints I wasn’t able to finish either project however this was out of my control as I was constantly waiting on feedback so that each project could progress.

As this project was scheduled during Christmas/New Years I will suggest in future to extend the deadline before the project begins due to company’s taking holidays/breaks during this time or being generally busy therefore halting each projects development. 

I wasn’t given the contact details of each client until the second week of December which meant that I didn’t have enough time to complete the project considering that this assignment was set in November. 

Ocado’s communication was strange due to Micheal wanting us to contact Julian so that he could forward this communication to him, not only is this inefficient, it wasn’t possible due to Julian being on annual leave. I am unsure how I would deal with the same situation in future as this was unavoidable. 

Neither client understood that there was a deadline set in place for the 11th January and were contacting me after the deadline. Ocado wanted to move the deadline to the 14th which wasn’t possible as that week was a reading week and still wouldn’t have been enough time to finish the project. Therefore before starting any project in future I will make it very clear that I have a deadline which I must adhere to.

Although the main problems during these projects were communication and mis-communication, in regards to the mood board I had created for Ocado they seemed confused about my thought process. Therefore I would like to make this clearer in future mood boards perhaps by using annotations, more text, arrows and lines etc. 

I would like to become stronger at creating logo designs as I feel as though this isn’t as strong as other areas and therefore would like to improve this by perhaps looking more into graphic design.

Overall each project went as well as it could have considering the amount of time given and lack of communication from both clients. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Design

Bootstrap Template