ACE Assessment Centre: Presentation & Feedback

I presented my instant coffee packaging design presentation which went well.
My whole presentation took under 5 minutes however I don't feel like I was under by a large amount. When I was practicing my presentation I was averaging at 4:40, 5:00 and 5:10 and therefore I must have been talking faster than I had practiced due to being nervous. As there was no sense of time in the box, it was difficult to judge when the allocated amount of time was reached and therefore preferred to be under the time allocated in this situation rather than be stopped and unable to deliver all of my content/presentation.

I brought extra assets to aid my presentation. I printed off my mood boards twice (one copy for the assessor and another copy for everyone else) and displayed a physical jar mockup.
I used a presentation clicker for my presentation as this meant that I didn't have to lean over my laptop to change the slides. This also meant that I was able to focus more on what I was saying rather than worry about changing the slides which helped my presentation look more professional.

Once I had finished the presentation, I was asked: 
"Why did you choose this particular brief?"
I explained that I am a very visual person and that this brief was quite fitting due to my already existing experience as a Graphic Designer.

"What was your process?"
I explained my research process, starting with creating my mood boards, survey, designs and researching books and articles academics wrote about packaging design.

"How long did it take you to put the presentation together?"
I answered 2 - 3 weeks as I had started my presentation soon after the briefs were available.

"What would you change on reflection?"
I answered with adding more content and more design ideas so that I had more than one main idea for this instant coffee brand.

After we had all finished our presentations, Simon mentioned that if we use hand-outs we can ask the audience to look at something in particular to use time and give us time to think about what we want to say creating a sense of control to our presentations. He also mentioned that the longer you have spent on your presentation, the more times you have practiced the presentation so that it flows more on the day and will be able to keep to the allocated time.

Feedback from the Presentation Exercise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Design

Bootstrap Template