ACE Presentation Preparation: Final Packaging Design

This was my first attempt at creating the packaging for the instant coffee range.
My concept included using solid shapes and bright bold colours which is commonly used in abstract urban art. The shapes were meant to represent a night scene and the rectangles were meant to represent tall buildings as urban individuals commonly live in busy cities. The circles represented the moon and stars in the scene. The colours of the building were specifically chosen being these colours are commonly found in urban art. These colours are lighter in the foreground and darker in the background to show depth. I decided to not use this idea as the label overall was too busy and drew your attention away from the logo which is the most important part.
I settled on the idea of having a real image in the background of the label instead of solid shapes. I specifically decided on a brick wall as this still represented the city as you would usually find a brick wall on a building. I changed the hue of the bricks in Photoshop to the opposite colour to the intermediate colours chosen in each logo. Therefore the opposite colour to yellow-green on the colour wheel was red-purple (another intermediate colour) and therefore changed the hue of the bricks to this colour so that the logo could stand out. 

I used Photoshop effects to add shading to make the logo look like a sign on a wall. I specifically added Bevel and Emboss, Inner Shadow, Outer Glow and Drop Shadow to create this effect. Using chains, I attached another sign stating the flavour/blend of the coffee.
The opposite colour to blue-green on the colour wheel was red-orange (another intermediate colour) and therefore changed the hue of the bricks to this colour so that the logo could stand out.

The opposite colour to purple-blue on the colour wheel was yellow-orange (another intermediate colour) and therefore changed the hue of the bricks to this colour so that the logo could stand out.
I decided to choose this jar to mockup my idea because the data collected from the survey suggests that individuals seemed to like glass jars or the shape of the jar (those who found Douwe Egbert the most visually appealing).

To help visualise my design on a real life object I bought a jar of coffee which looked similar to my mock up jar and stuck my label on this jar.
I will display this when presenting to help the assessor and other individuals visualise my design.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Design

Bootstrap Template